My Hobbies and Activities
Throughout my lifetime, my hobbies have come and gone. Here are a few of the ones that stuck for a long time, I still participate in, and even some I hope to obtain in the future.
- Since the age of 15 or so, I've been collecting medical antiques and medical quackery.
- I am a huge fan of handpicked, loose leaf tea.
- I have traveled to China, Taiwan, and South Korea in search of tea, tea knowledge, experience, and a sense of tea culture at it's source.
- I have an extensive collection of Japanese raw clay teapots.
- I have a deep love for Korean handmade teaware.
- I hope one day to perfect my matcha technique and would love to assemble a nice collection of Korean teabowls.
- I enjoy photography.
- If I obtain good enough film photography skills, I hope to return to my favorite locations in Asia to begin a photographic journal of East Asian teas.
- I hope to continue my Grandfather's Manchukuo Stamp collection in his honor.